Friday, October 10, 2008

Glitter Ball Returns

Tomorrow night (my birthday) I will perform at the outrageous sparkling Glitter Party- a charity costume ball that is the event of the year. Everything is super secret (what costumes we'll wear, our theme, our skit.) And is just a great time for our inner kid to come out and play- but armed with the benefit (financial resources, freedom) of being an adult.

Here's the skit I was apart of last year. We reenacted Steve Irwin's death- Truly tasteless at an Aussie hosted event- but incredibly well received and goes with the evening. (The Aussie High Commissioner loved it.) I was the koala.



Last year's group was comprised of mostly teachers, our elementary school principal and the superintendent. This year I changed groups- mostly parents and some other childless ex-pats- and hopefully we'll win the grand prize! (Of course, which will be donated to charity). Ahh... Partying with a cause. I love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this was a 'you had to be there' experience?

The Gypsy Queen's Daughter said...

Yeah, it's one of those weird subculture things...