Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bragging Rights

Freshmen year of college my roommate, Liz, and I established a few rules. One of them was bragging rights. We both understood that no one really likes a braggart but, it's also important to have someone with whom you can share your accomplishments in that 5-year-old, "Look what I did, Mommy!" kind of way. So, today, I am claiming reverse bragging rights. Now I can tell everyone, "Look what my MOMMY did!"

Here are three very different creative pieces from my mom. (Yes, she would be the one of Gypsy Queen fame and blog title inspiration.)

Functional art: a window at my brother's house that Mom painted to avoid the need of a window treatment.




Cool, funky elephant. (Yeah, and who said math teachers are not creative?!?)



My favorite, an awesome quilt. (I have to say, she can do a lot with a few piece of fabric!)



May you all be blessed to find pride in your loved-ones' abilities! Long live the bragging rights!

No comments: